UPSC ESE 2024 preliminary exam registration is on till 26 September 2023. Candidates can apply at ‘https://upsc.gov.in/’ It is about Engineering Services Examination (ESE)conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit engineers for various departments in Government of India.
Notification for UPSC ESE 2024 preliminary exam was out on 6 September 2023 and registration for it began on the same day. Preliminary of UPSC ESE 2024 will be held on 18 February 2024.
Candidates who pass the prelims with required qualifying marks can apply for mains of UPSC ESE 2024 which will be held on 23 June 2024. The registration dates for UPSC ESE 2024 mains exam will be announced in due course.
This UPSC ESE 2024 shall fill about 167 vacancies of engineer posts in various departments of Government of India.
These include 5 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (4 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy and 1 vacancy for Multiple Disability).
The number of vacancies is liable to alteration. The vacancies exist in Category I-Civil Engineering, Category II-Mechanical Engineering, Category III-Electrical Engineering and Category IV-Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam whose full name is Engineering Services Exam (ESE). This is conducted once every year and is a national level exam.
This is popularly known as UPSC ESE and UPSC ESE 2024 is meant to be conducted in 2024. Notifications are issued every year, candidates can start applying for it after that.
Also read – Top Pharmacy colleges in Himachal Pradesh
There are three stages – prelims, mains and personal interview. Candidates have to pass the first two stages with required qualifying marks to be eligible for taking part in personal interview.
Selection will be done based on performance in the written test, interview, qualifying degree, choice of vacancy by candidates and availability of vacancies.
Candidates applying for UPSC ESE 2024 must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized educational institution located anywhere in India.
The applicants for UPSC ESE 2024 should be 21 years of age at the minimum and should not have achieved 30 years as on 1 January 2024. There shall be age relaxation for candidates and details about them are available in the official notification.
Candidates willing to apply for UPSC ESE 2024 must be a citizen of India and must be residing in any part of the country.
Even subjects from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet can also apply, these people should have come to India before 1 January 1962 with an intention to settle permanently in India.
Persons of Indian origin who have come to India Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India can also apply for UPSC ESE 2024.
However, these people have to obtain a certificate of eligibility from Government of India to apply for UPSC ESE 2024.
Candidates desiring to apply for UPSC ESE 2024 have to visit the official website of UPSC at ‘https://upsc.gov.in/’ The process to submit application is online.
1. The URL mentioned above has to be typed into the browser and submitted to allow it to download.
2. Once the website is ready, candidates can click the button Exam Notification: Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination 2024 under What’s New column.
3. Clicking the above button will lead to another webpage with URL ‘https://upsc.gov.in/whats-new/Engineering%20Services%20%28Preliminary%29%20Examination%2C%202024/Exam%20Notification’
4. Once the webpage with above URL opens, candidates can click the notification page and then read all the information about UPSC ESE 2024.
5. After that, can press the button titled Click here.
6. This will lead them to webpage with ‘https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/OTRP/index.php’
7. Once the webpage with above URL opens, candidates can click the button <Registration> and create an account with username and password.
8. This registration is also called as One Time Registration (OTR).
9. After registration, candidates can login and view the list of exams for which applications can be submitted.
10. They can choose UPSC ESE 2024 and start applying for it.
OTR is a one time process, once registered, candidates need not do it again. The next time they wish to apply for another exam, they can login with OTR credentials and apply.
Those who have already completed their OTR, can directly login and apply for UPSC ESE 2024. Candidates have to regularly visit the website post applying for the exam to obtain updates about the process after application.