Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration is extended till 1 September 2023. Students can apply at ‘https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/’ The last date has been extended to enable more students to apply for the exam.
Exam date has also been postponed keeping in view the requests received from students. They requested KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) that conducts the exam to postpone the test as a few educational institutions were yet to finish conducting final year exams of the qualifying degrees.
As per the request, PGCET 2023 will be conducted on 23 and 24 September 2023 instead of holding it on the earlier planned dates – 9 and 10 September 2023.
Also, as per the extension, Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration can be taken up from 11 AM on 30 August to 11:59 PM on 1 September 2023. Students can take advantage of this and apply for the exam.
The full name of the exam is Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test and is known by its shorter version – Karnataka PGCET. This is a state level exam conducted once a year.
This is a graduate level exam and will have questions related to graduate level lessons in engineering, architecture, computer applications and business management.
Candidates who have passed graduation in engineering, architecture, computer applications and business management will be able to apply.
The exam will be conducted in offline mode – as a pen and paper based test (PBT), where answers have to be marked on a separate answer sheet provided at the test center.
Individuals who have passed graduation in the relevant discipline from a recognized educational institution can take up Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration.
The graduation must be in the same discipline in which the candidates desire to pursue postgraduation.
Candidates must pass their qualifying exam with a minimum pass percentage of 50. The same in case of applicants from SC/ST and Category – 1 candidates is 45.
Those applying for postgraduate courses in part time mode must also have required work experience. The applicants must preferably be natives of Karnataka.
The process to take up Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration is online and official website has to be approached to register for the exam. The official website is accessible at ‘https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/’
1. The URL mentioned above must be typed into the browser and submitted to allow the website to download.
2. Once the website is ready, candidates have to click the button ADMISSIONS and the choose PGCET 2023 (MBA/MCA/MTech/MArch)
3. Clicking the above buttons will open another webpage with URL ‘https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/pgcet2023’
4. When the webpage with above URL opens, they can click the link to access Information Bulletin to know more about Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration process and other details.
5. After knowing about the exam, they can click the button PGCET-2023 Online Application link
6. After clicking the above button, another webpage with URL ‘http://188.8.131.52/PGCET2023/Forms/Loginpage.aspx’ will open where they can register and then apply for the exam.
Candidates have to upload, their photograph, image of their signature, Community certificate (if applicable) and PwD certificate (if applicable), degree marksheets while taking up Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration fee is Rs 650 for each course for General and OBC category applicants. The same is Rs 500 for SC/ST/Category-1 (of Karnataka candidates only) applicants.
Candidates who have completed their Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration can alone download the hall ticket. The date for download of admit card will be made known in due course.
Admit card can be downloaded from the official website which is accessible at ‘https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/’ The process to obtain the admit card is mentioned below:
1. The URL mentioned above must be typed into the browser and submitted to allow it to download.
2. Once the website is ready, candidates have to click the link Karnataka PGCET 2023 admit card.
3. Clicking the link may open another webpage and the candidates have to enter their application number, date of birth and other required information.
4. The above details must be submitted to obtain the hall ticket.
5. After the hall ticket is visible, the candidates can download it and take a printout of it.
Questions have to be answered in a duration of 150 minutes or 2 hours 30 minutes. There will be 100 questions in the test in multiple choice format. The marks for each question is 1.
The PGCET-2023 will be held in one session separately for MCA courses conducted for 100 marks with 150 minutes duration. Each question paper will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
The question paper will be in four different versions. Each question will have four different options. 60 questions in Part – A carry one mark each.
There will be 20 questions in Part – B and carry two marks each. Thus there will be 80 questions and a total mark is 100.
The PGCET-2023 will be held in one session for ME / M.Tech / M.Arch. courses conducted 100 marks with 150 minutes duration. Each question paper will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
The question paper will be in four different versions. Each question will have four different options. The different types of question paper pattern for ME/M.Tech/ M.Arch courses
Candidates who have taken up Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration must remember to take note of the exam schedule. The exam schedule is available in the information brochure.
Those who have applied for more than one test paper during Karnataka PGCET 2023 registration have to ensure that the test papers they have opted do not fall on the same day. More details are available in the table below:
|Date and Day||Course||For||Timings||Marks|
|23-09-2023 Saturday||M.E./MTech/MArch||Type-A: Courses offered by VTU, UVCE, UBDTCE.||02.30 pm to 04.30 pm||100|
|24-09-2023 Sunday||MCA||Admission to 1st Year/1st Semester||10.30 am to 12.30 pm||100|
|24-09-2023 Sunday||MBA||Admission to 1st Year/1st Semester||2.30 pm to 4.30 pm||100|